Theme: 8 Ways that BAYC Could Go to 0ETH
- Loss of interest in PFP NFTs: If the overall market for the brand “NFT” loses interest, the demand and value of the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT collection could decrease significantly.
- Scandal or controversy: Any negative publicity or scandal involving the creators or holders of the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs could lead to a decrease in value.Legal action against Yuga for unpaid celebrity endorsements then cascades into distrust for brand.
- Lack of scarcity: If the creators of the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs overproduce the collection, it could lead to a decrease in scarcity and therefore value.
- Competition: If other NFT collections similar to the Bored Ape Yacht Club become available, it could lead to a decrease in demand and value for the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs.
- Hosting infidelity. Some technical error or core Yuga hack causes holder loss.
- Brand hijacking by an extremist group. Making a BAYC mascot for a white supremacist.
- SEC action on $APE or financial scandal.
- Creator fees to 0.
- Project: Friendship bracelets Friendship Bracelets by Alexis André - Collection | OpenSea
- NFT News
- The Block: Moonbirds creator Kevin Rose hacked, at least $1m in NFTs lost
- Porsche NFT trading volume nears $5M despite launch woes, minting halt
- The Block: Amazon planning new NFT initiative: Blockworks
- NFT collector sues OpenSea for locking account after being scammed
- Why Are Nifty Gateway’s Founders Leaving Gemini? - Blockworks
- Backed by Jay-Z, Web3 Hardware Startup Spatial Labs Raises $10 Million - Decrypt
- StoryCo Raises $6M - socaltech.com
Art Blocks Announces an Official Partnership With Bright Moments